Reply #15

Mike T.

• Forgotten Figure

• Forgotten Figure

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Figures
Re: Factory Custom News Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2020, 11:39:21 PM »
I'd be pissed if they used my photos, too.  That's bullshit.  Here's photos by fans of BM, but BM actually sucks.  The only place my photos have ever been stolen in 20 years is on Facebook.  Guys there take them all the time.  But, they post them with no credit.  It's not malicious.  But, seeing as I'm about to post a month's worth of rarities photos that aren't mine, I don't wade into those waters too much.

June 03, 2020, 11:18:51 PM
Reply #16

Mike T.

• Forgotten Figure

• Forgotten Figure

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Figures
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2020, 11:18:51 PM »
Interesting new wrinkle today.  One of RL's defenders accused BM of stealing molds from competitors.  Understanding timing and the fact that BM released a lot of small run stuff that wasn't highly publicized is tough for them.  And, the BM made an updated Cobra Trooper mold since the old one had issue.  But, hey, why let facts get in the way....

June 04, 2020, 10:55:52 PM
Reply #17

R.T.G.

• The avatar's from the gallery are off the hook!

• View Profile
    • Attica Gazette
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2020, 10:55:52 PM »
Interesting new wrinkle today.  One of RL's defenders accused BM of stealing molds from competitors.  Understanding timing and the fact that BM released a lot of small run stuff that wasn't highly publicized is tough for them.  And, the BM made an updated Cobra Trooper mold since the old one had issue.  But, hey, why let facts get in the way....

Haha, I figured this would become more along these lines at some point. The complete silence on other producers (Or former producers) was pretty blatant.

If the "stealing" of molds is less physical and more "GODDAMNIT HE'S USING OCCIFER PARTS! WE WERE GUNNA DO THAT!", well that's a glass house, considering TBM was upfront he was going to be doing the Steel Brigade, and welp, here's a guy doing Tiger Force, Night Force and Sky Patrol Steel Brigades!

November 19, 2020, 02:26:42 AM
Reply #18

A-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2020, 02:26:42 AM »
Why the flying fudge did Black Major reuse Roadblock V2's waist for his recent Snake-Eyes/Officer/Mortal/Invasor/Whatever customs? WHY REPEAT HASBRO'S IDIOCY?

I'm not gonna ask him. No reason can make sense.

February 19, 2021, 06:58:52 PM
Reply #19

A-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2021, 06:58:52 PM »
Why is BM making Jinx and Beach-Head?  I mean, if I had his resources...Jinx might cross my mind eventually, if only to remake DeSimone's custom as "real" figures, but I can't imagine doing too much with Beach-Head's molds. Though IIRC Beach-Head's design started out as a Cobra,  Cobra repaints of Joe molds can only go so far. And there were already official Tiger Force and Night Force releases.
Will Red Laser ever return? What's next Tunnel Rat?  Why do I comment on factory customs I never buy? Because...not much else to talk about. I never see the 4" "Retro" stuff in stores.

Why am I posting on a forum only slightly more used than Joedios forum.

February 20, 2021, 07:44:17 AM
Reply #20

Nekoman

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2021, 07:44:17 AM »
From the sounds of it, I think he's cancelled almost everything and won't be making anything after some more BATS and Segies? I just heard that today, so I'm not sure.

With that said, I probably wouldn't have bought any Jinx or Beachhead repaints. There's enough of Beachhead out there, meanwhile I just don't like the Jinx mold all that much.

I get the feeling Joe collecting is going to get a lot more boring.

February 26, 2021, 10:36:38 PM
Reply #21

A-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2021, 10:36:38 PM »
Yeah, I finally saw his post.

Some people think he's getting shut down by a cease and desist order. But...if that were so, that's the sort of thing that would be immediate.

Maybe the hassle and/or cost of making them is getting too high?